Friday, August 26, 2011

What that I have given to the world??

oleh Juan Mahaganti pada 25 Mei 2009 jam 14:58

Some of you maybe have seen Will Smith’s last movie “Seven Pound”.First thought came to me, seconds after I watched this movie is: What that I have given to this world? What are the things that I have done that make me worthy to enjoy this life, to breathe the air, bath the sunray, enjoy the sceneries of nature, taste the sweetness, sourness, bitterness and saltines of all the food and drinks that had nurtured me, in short, what make me worthy to get this life, this body, this soul, this identity of Juan Mahaganti, to be a human, ME!!!


Like Ben, I’m the one who have nothing to be kept in this world. If Ben lost it, I simply haven’t found it, and likely never able to found it. I have nothing to be struggled for, to fight for, I don’t have no reason why am I here, other than to survive day by day. I found no meaning in life, no value, no goal, no reason; the only reason for me to continue with this life is my instinct for survival. Like Schopenhauer had inquired it, I don’t understand why until now I never try to commit suicide.


To give meaning to this meaningless condition, maybe the best thing I can do is to start questioning what the thing I can give to this world.Like Ben, he decided to give everything that he has even his own live and his organs, and of course, I considered this option as the most extreme one. But I think this is the moment I start to ask; what that I have given to the world?

No comments: