Friday, August 26, 2011

From Obama’s Inaugural Ceremony

oleh Juan Mahaganti pada 29 Januari 2009 jam 9:22

So much to say for that chilling Tuesday in Washington, but there are two things that I can notice and write down here about the occasion that was considered as the biggest U.S. president inauguration service.


First, the address remarks the anti-climax of Obama’s long and marvelous journey to the White House.It was too far from Obama’s greatest speech. The monotonous tone, boring words and sleepy atmosphere, juxtaposed with chilling winter morning. The speech delivered without jokes, without sentences that can make you jump up for standing ovation, without lines that worthy to be quoted, seems usual and of course, seems not Obama! I think (my personal observation), the quality of Obama’s speech decline gradually since his first remarkable “2004 Democratic Convention” speech. I thought the worst will be his victory speech in Chicago when he was acknowledged as President-elect. But we witness that that Inaugural Address was even bored! I think, if Obama had shown that kind of speech during the campaign, I don’t know if he can win the race. But, congratulation for Obama, I’m still your biggest fan.


Second, for the first time in my life, I’m not in agreement with Obama. He said that “small or big government is not matter now.” Mr. Obama, size of government is ALWAYS MATTER!!! Facts show that big government is always a problem!! Don’t make this statement to justify your bigger government role when you are in office! We don’t need bigger government now, but we need wiser government. Before last Tuesday, I always perceived Obama’s speech will replace Reagan’s address as my best U.S. President Inaugural Address. But it wasn’t.


But I always admire Obama and he always be my best U.S. president, at list until today.


George “Sinatra” Bush.


Thanks to youtube.com, I can watch Bush last Presidential press conference. I have nothing to say about him, he could steal presidency from Gore, attack Iraq for no logical reason, violate human rights under U.S. banner out and within American soil, never ratify Kyoto protocol, and lead American to global recession, but he admitted that has nothing to regret.Even in the time when the curtain falls for him, he still stands in what he believe about what is best for American! He did it in his way, he plan each chartered course, and end the show with shoes aimed to his face.

No comments: